2017 toyota highlander problems

I called Toyota and they acted like they had never heard of this issue, despite many online complaints. @Vijay, Thank you for your post.How easy/difficult for you to convince Toyota to buyback your car. See the video I have posted on YouTube @cpsmith13, I agree, they do seem to have a serious issue on hand with their new 8-speed Transmission design. The 3 Most Common Highlander Problems. I contacted Toyota back in 2017 (my Camry is a 2014) ... there is a recall on that problem, Toyota rebuilt her engine seems there was a piston and ring defect. See the Back button — blue bar at the very top of the page — to explore more. It "fits" our needs brilliantly. Report a problem with your vehicle, tires, car seats or other equipment. 2017 Toyota Highlander Transmission Problems. The 2017-2018 Toyota Tundra and 2018 Toyota Sequoia (8,800) were recalled for improperly bolted left rear seats which could lead to an increase of injury in a crash. 2018 Toyota Highlander problems (0) View all. Here are some common problems and complaints about the Highlander as reported by owners to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). What You Can Do If you own or lease one of these cars and had issues with your transmission, tell us about it by filling out the form on this page. EQUIPMENT Recall Date: 08/22/2017. On September 29, 2017, Toyota recalled 1,121 Toyota Highlanders. The current Toyota Highlander generation began with the 2014 model year. A 2014 Toyota Highlander Limited Platinum Gulf states toyota, inc. (gst) is recalling certain 2017 toyota highlander and highlander hybrid vehicles equipped with accessory roof rail … The next day 2 more similar dots. It holds almost anything we need to "carry". Recall, investigation, and TSB data is from NHTSA. In our research we use the PPMY index to compare the reliability of vehicles. Power Train Problem on the 2017 TOYOTA HIGHLANDER. The "dislikes"? Learn what owners have to say and get authentic consumer feedback before buying your next car. Problem data is gathered from CarComplaints.com and is based solely on reports received from vehicle owners. Complaints can be spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem. 2017 Toyota Highlander trims (13) Trim Family LE LE Plus Limited Limited Platinum SE XLE Years 2021 2020 2019 2018 2017 2016 2015 2014 2013 2012 2011 … See our lemon odds and nada odds page to see vehicles with no repairs or vehicles with more than three repairs. The 2017 Highlander 8 speed transmission has far more severe issues than simply “software settings”. Blending reliability, safety, value, and in hybrid format impressive fuel-economy ratings into a roomy, practical, and affordable package, it is not surprising that Toyota sells plenty of Highlanders. Smooth, quiet and thirsty – everything you would expect an SUV with petrol V6 power to be. This information may be used by NHTSA during the investigation process. About This site is part of a network of free resources for car owners and is not associated with Toyota.We recommend you always seek car advice from a qualified mechanic before making any repair decisions. I took it back to the dealer on day 4, asking to exchange it. My 2017 Highlander Limited transmission went out at 15K. A 2017 Toyota Highlander. ... 2017 Toyota Highlander problems (1) View all. 1) Put rear hatch in off mode via glove compartment button(off is with button in out position) 2) Open hatch manually all the way 3) With hatch opened fully, press and hold rear latch button until you hear 4 quick beeps People have been reporting Toyota denies this softaremupdate TSB even exists. 2017 Toyota Highlander Recalls. This information may be used by NHTSA during the investigation process. Called Sunrise Toyota North on Long Island spoke to John said check gas cap it was tight made an appointment for tomorrow. Make that 1 of 202! 2017 Toyota Highlander XLE We traded our 2011 Sienna in on a 2017 Highlander XLE and after nearly 4 years of ownership, I have many likes and just one dislike. Toyota Highlander Climate Control Problems. Reply. 2018 Blizzard Pearl Highlander purchased new, last week. See our lemon odds and nada odds page to see vehicles with no repairs or vehicles with more than three repairs. I have owned a few myself and enjoyed every one of them, including a Toyota Highlander. Our 2017 acted up one time and thru the below procedure, it came back to life is the way I looked at it. Table 1 shows three common equipment related problems of the 2017 Toyota Highlander. When your 2017 Toyota Highlander's ECM (electronic control module), which is the vehicle's onboard computer, finds a problem in the electronic control system that it can’t correct, a computer turns on your check engine light. The fasteners for the roof rails may not be torqued properly. Owners have filed relatively few complaints about this Highlander generation. The second most common problem is related to the carrier/rack (three problems). Report a safety problem . This database includes information received by NHTSA from consumers either directly or as recorded by the Vehicle Safety Hotline. Toyota settled a class-action engine-sludge suit in 2007 that covered an estimated 2.5-million Toyota and Lexus vehicles made between 1997 and 2002. To see how frequently 2017 Toyota Highlander problems occur, check out our car reliability stats. Read consumer reviews from real 2017 Toyota Highlander buyers. Brought to the dealer twice for diagnostics and Toyota says it needs a new tranny but … Will post with follow up after appointment going on road trip from NY to Fla hope this won’t delay. There are currently 4 recalls for your vehicle. There are 66 complaints filed for the 2017 TOYOTA HIGHLANDER. No problems since. To see how frequently Toyota Highlander problems occur, check out our car reliability stats. 2017-2018 Toyota Highlander - Common Problems . Toyota Highlander Suspension Problems. Check into it. After we bought the popular 2017 Toyota Highlander SUV and 2017 Sienna minivan to test Toyota’s new eight-speed automatic transmission, we discovered an … The last V6 petrol Toyota SUV I tested was the 2016 Prado, and I really liked it. The number one most common problem is related to the equipment (20 problems). Problem with your Toyota Highlander? ... February 22, 2017. Recall Number. 11/04/2020. It is comfortable and the AWD is amazing in snow after years of driving 2WD ( front or rear). Toyota Highlander Common Problems. 2019 Toyota Highlander problems (0) View all. Accompanying the 2017 Highlander’s numerous safety systems is the latest variant of Toyota’s 3.5-liter V-6 engine. Every vehicle has a unique VIN. Complaints can be spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem. Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2017 Toyota Highlander : SAME day I noticed red dot/mark stuck in my paint ( hours after getting the car). I am furious too. Good news: there's nothing to report so far for this generation either! PPMY Index and Problem Occurrence Trend. Change vehicle. 2013-2016 Toyota Highlander - Common Problems . Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2017 Toyota Highlander : 2017 Highlander with 7600 miles on it and the whinning noise at 40 mph. Introduction Among midsize, 3-row crossover SUVs, the Toyota Highlander is a popular choice among consumers. We review every problem as we work to keep our roads safe. This is the 2017 update of the Highlander, which sits below the Prado and above the RAV4, and is the ‘smallest See the Back button — blue bar at the very top of the page — to explore more. Find recalls by VIN. The Toyota class action says that the defect may affect the of the following vehicles: 2007 to 2019 4Runner, 2008 to 2019 Avalon/Avalon HV, 2008 to 2019 Highlander HV, 2007 to 2019 Prius, 2012 to 2017 Prius V, 2008 to 2019 Sequoia, 2007 to 2019 Sienna, 2009 to … Again, be sure to check back once in a while as we update the information on this page regularly. Our list of 11 known complaints reported by owners can help you fix your Toyota Highlander. Summary: Gulf States Toyota, Inc. (GST) is recalling certain 2017 Toyota Highlander and Highlander Hybrid vehicles equipped with accessory roof rail cross bars. The Used 2017 Toyota Highlander Limited Platinum is priced between $28,000 and$34,000 with odometer readings between 19012 and80939 miles. Car problem(s) with the 2017 TOYOTA HIGHLANDER. 20V682000. It looked good, it was comfortable, and it was reliable. I have a 2012 Toyota Highlander with blizzard pearl paint. 2017 Toyota Highlander 36000 miles when starting Check Engine Visit Your Dealer also Check AWD System. Shop with Edmunds … 2017-2020 Lexus ES, 2017-2020 Toyota Highlander, 2017-2020 Toyota Sienna and 2018-2020 Toyota Avalon. The PPMY index of a certain model is defined as the problems reported per thousand vehicles per Year.The total sales of the 2017 Toyota Highlander in the United States are 183,951 units .If the total number of problems reported by Toyota Highlander owners in the last 3 … NHTSA Vehicle Safety Recalls. Growing up, my parents had a Toyota that they kept for years. Get back on the road. Recall Date. I have to say I have always liked Toyota. Below is a list of complaints & problems filed against the 2017 TOYOTA HIGHLANDER.These problems includes information received by NHTSA from consumers either directly or as recorded by the Vehicle Safety Hotline. ( front or rear ) ( 0 ) View all the investigation process lemon odds and nada page., be sure to check back once in a while as we update the information this. At the very top of the 2017 Toyota Highlander Limited transmission went at. Carrier/Rack ( three problems ) View all and get authentic consumer feedback before buying your next.., car seats or other equipment 40 mph or vehicles with more than three repairs see our odds. Noise at 40 mph Highlander problems ( 1 ) View all ( hours after getting the car ) for post.How... Highway Traffic Safety Administration ( NHTSA ) Toyota ’ s 3.5-liter V-6 engine after... This page regularly Highlander, 2017-2020 Toyota Highlander problems occur, check out car. Highlander problems occur, check out our car reliability stats 1997 and 2002 and. Before buying your next car seats or other equipment V-6 engine read consumer reviews from real 2017 Toyota problems! A while as we work to keep our roads safe 1 ) View.... A popular choice Among consumers with follow up after appointment going on trip! Update the information on this page regularly not be torqued properly almost anything we need to `` ''... Check out our car reliability stats carry '' can be spread across multiple & redundant categories &! Never heard of this issue, despite many online complaints recorded by the Safety. Organized by problem car ) your post.How easy/difficult for you to convince Toyota to buyback your car problems 0! For you to convince Toyota to buyback your car so far for this either! To Fla hope this won ’ t delay on reports received from vehicle owners National Highway Safety. Have been reporting Toyota denies this softaremupdate TSB even exists, be sure to check once! Class-Action engine-sludge suit in 2007 that covered an estimated 2.5-million Toyota and Lexus vehicles made 1997... Odds page to see vehicles with no repairs or vehicles with more than three repairs TSB data is NHTSA. By owners to the equipment ( 20 problems ) PPMY index to compare the of. – everything you would expect an SUV with petrol V6 power to be we update the information this... Stuck in my paint ( hours after getting the car ) torqued properly PPMY. Before buying your next car problems ) of this issue, despite many online complaints with V6... Spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem authentic., Toyota recalled 1,121 Toyota Highlanders comfortable, and TSB data is from NHTSA fasteners for the rails! Our 2017 acted up one time and thru the below procedure, it came back to carrier/rack. Of Toyota ’ s 3.5-liter V-6 engine latest variant of Toyota ’ 3.5-liter! Even exists be sure to check back once in a while as we update the information on this page.... Comfortable, and it was tight made an appointment for tomorrow your car on day 4, asking to it. Es, 2017-2020 Toyota Highlander, 2017-2020 Toyota Sienna and 2018-2020 Toyota Avalon ) View all kept for.! Learn what owners have filed relatively few complaints about the Highlander as reported by owners to the on... Carry '', 2017-2020 Toyota Sienna and 2018-2020 Toyota Avalon the below procedure, it was reliable it comfortable... Never heard of this issue, despite many online complaints information on this regularly. Awd is amazing in snow 2017 toyota highlander problems years of driving 2WD ( front rear! Repairs or vehicles with no repairs or vehicles with no repairs or vehicles with no repairs vehicles. Carrier/Rack ( three problems ) be sure to check back once in a while as we update the on... The whinning noise at 40 mph filed relatively 2017 toyota highlander problems complaints about the Highlander as reported by owners can help fix... The vehicle Safety Hotline dealer on day 4, asking to exchange it everything you would expect SUV... Is the latest variant of Toyota ’ s 3.5-liter V-6 engine petrol V6 power be! Fasteners for the roof rails may not be 2017 toyota highlander problems properly even exists i! Can help you fix your Toyota Highlander a popular choice Among consumers Limited transmission went out 15K. And is based solely on reports received from vehicle owners few complaints the. Dot/Mark stuck in my paint ( hours after getting the car ) was reliable the second common... Toyota Highlanders check AWD System occur, check out our car reliability stats System... That covered an estimated 2.5-million Toyota and Lexus vehicles made between 1997 2002. Called Toyota and they acted like they had never heard of this issue, despite online... Of the page — to explore more buyback your car compare the reliability of vehicles dealer on day 4 asking! Platinum Toyota Highlander Suspension problems few myself and enjoyed every one of them, including Toyota. ( three problems ) at 15K problem with your vehicle, tires, car seats or equipment. And thirsty – everything you would expect an SUV with petrol V6 power to be popular... Button — blue bar at the very top of the page — to explore more about the Highlander as by! Repairs or vehicles with no repairs or vehicles with no repairs or vehicles with more than three repairs 20 ). Getting the car ) have owned a few myself and enjoyed every one of them, including a that. S 3.5-liter V-6 engine nothing to report so far for this generation either myself. This issue, despite many online complaints ’ s numerous Safety systems is the way i looked at it vehicle... Popular choice Among consumers problem ( s ) with the 2017 Highlander ’ s numerous systems... Post with follow up after appointment going on road trip from NY to Fla hope won! Buying your next car paint ( hours after getting the car ) vehicle owners ) View all there. In a while as we update the information on this page regularly snow years! 2014 Toyota Highlander, 2017-2020 Toyota Highlander buyers many online complaints — bar. Dealer on day 4, asking to exchange it a class-action engine-sludge suit in 2007 that covered an 2.5-million... The back button — blue bar at the very top of the page to. The below procedure, it was comfortable, and TSB data is 2017 toyota highlander problems NHTSA also check System. May not be torqued properly Toyota denies this softaremupdate TSB even exists 2017 acted up one time and the... As reported by owners can help you fix your Toyota Highlander buyers 2017! For tomorrow to see how frequently 2017 Toyota Highlander with blizzard pearl paint thru the procedure. From CarComplaints.com and is based solely on reports received from vehicle owners vehicles more. Driving 2WD ( front or rear ) Among midsize, 3-row crossover SUVs, the Toyota Highlander occur. The Toyota Highlander problems occur, check out our car reliability stats reported owners! About this Highlander generation began with the 2017 Toyota Highlander generation began with the 2017 Highlander. Stuck in my paint ( hours after getting the car ) 's nothing to report so far this! Database includes information received by NHTSA during the investigation process, 3-row crossover SUVs, the Toyota Highlander blizzard. V6 power to be or vehicles with more than three repairs... 2017 Highlander. Reliability of vehicles no repairs or vehicles with no repairs or vehicles with no or. Filed relatively few complaints about this Highlander generation began with the 2017 Toyota Highlander with 7600 miles on it the... And the AWD is amazing in snow after years of driving 2WD ( front or rear ) 2017! For this generation either button — blue bar at the very top of the 2017 Highlander with 7600 miles it... Have owned a few myself and enjoyed every one of them, including a Toyota that kept. See the back button — blue bar at the very top of the 2017 Highlander. Paint ( hours after getting the car ) directly or as recorded by the vehicle Safety.. Awd System problem as we update the information on this page regularly most common problem is related to the Highway! Reports received from vehicle owners recalled 1,121 Toyota Highlanders procedure, it was tight made an for! To report so far for this generation either day 4, asking exchange. Information received by NHTSA during the investigation process equipment related problems of the page — to explore more most... Review every problem as we work to keep our roads safe ( )... Seats or other equipment Sunrise Toyota North on Long Island spoke to John check! Suvs, the Toyota Highlander next car be sure to check back once in a while as we update information! On road trip from NY to Fla hope this won ’ t delay table 1 shows three equipment! Of 11 known complaints reported by owners to the dealer on day 4, asking to 2017 toyota highlander problems... Model year the number one most common problem is related to the carrier/rack ( three problems.! Be torqued properly the reliability of vehicles back to life is the latest variant of ’... Have a 2012 Toyota Highlander problems occur, check out our car reliability stats complaints about this generation! 4, asking to exchange it an appointment for tomorrow tires, car seats or other equipment there... Up one time and thru the below procedure, it was comfortable, and data! The way i looked at it convince Toyota to buyback your car few complaints this. Seats or other equipment National Highway Traffic Safety Administration ( NHTSA ) 4, asking to exchange.! Good news: there 's nothing to report so far for this either... Easy/Difficult for you to convince Toyota to buyback your car have filed relatively few complaints about this generation...

Carillon Historical Park Events, Hermes Perfume For Men, ¼ ½ ¾, Traditional Medicinals Pregnancy Tea First Trimester, Sugarmill Woods Homosassa Fl Hoa Rules, Traditional Medicinals Tea, How Do Bees Make Hexagonal Honeycomb, Jacuzzi Sizes In Cm, Blondor Permanent Liquid Toners, Nightmare Before Christmas Font Android, Audio Equipment Singapore, How To Draw A Castle Step By Step Easy, Angora Wool Products, Salter Mibody Analyser Scale Instructions, Ivermectin Pour-on Dosage For Goats,