nestlé toll house cookie bars 9x13 pan

This is the timing that works best in my oven, but you can definitely adjust as needed. Everyone loved them so I made them again for another gathering tonight  so easy and soooooo yummy! Yummy!! Let’s see what happens. I have seriously lost count of all the recipes I’ve tried from your blog. Didn’t see any comments of anyone else refrigerating. Chelsey – I’ve never tried that so I don’t know. Mel, I’m sorry I can’t find where to leave a comment about favorite podcasts. (and I am also enjoying them with a glass of milk!) Thanks for all the great recipes. Thank You Mel Great Job! Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. 28 minutes Yay lots of cookies for your crowd! . Ummm. So I ended up baking them for a total of 38 minutes. I definitely had to bake longer, but there were just as good as we remember! Very quick and easy to make and taste divine. Laurie. ","thumbnailUrl":"https:\/\/i.ytimg.com\/vi\/TEb5MwY8SXk\/hqdefault.jpg","contentUrl":"https:\/\/www.youtube.com\/watch?v=TEb5MwY8SXk","duration":"PT1M","uploadDate":"2019-04-29T17:52:33.000Z"},"keywords":" all-purpose flour, brown sugar, butter, chocolate chips, egg, egg yolk, granulated sugar, peanut butter chips, vanilla extract","nutrition":{"@type":"NutritionInformation","calories":"0 calories","carbohydrateContent":"0 grams carbohydrates","cholesterolContent":"0 milligrams cholesterol","fiberContent":"0 grams fiber","proteinContent":"0 grams protein","saturatedFatContent":"0 grams saturated fat","sodiumContent":"0 grams sodium","sugarContent":"0 grams sugar"},"aggregateRating":{"@type":"AggregateRating","ratingValue":"4.6","reviewCount":254},"url":"https:\/\/www.melskitchencafe.com\/thick-and-chewy-chocolate-chip-bars\/"} (6 g) table salt, 2 cups (340 g) chocolate chips, 1 cup (220 g) unsalted softened butter, 2 large (100 g) … Hi. Mel, I have been meaning to comment on these for months. I’m thinking you ought to give it a whirl, Mel. In a small bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt; set aside. Sometimes I get home from a trip and think, “was that really worth it?”. I love, love, love chocolate chip cookie bars. Follow @melskitchencafe on Instagram and show me the recipes you are making from my blog using the hashtag #melskitchencafe. I’ll be making these over and over again! I’ve also thought about a chocolate version and maybe putting a few dabs of chocolate and/or caramel in it. Gradually beat in flour mixture. I love using the good old Nestle Toll House Recipe for my bar cookies. . I was committed to making these and realized I only had 1 stick of butter. I mixed whites chocolate chips with milk – probably way too sweet for my taste but kids loved it. . The top was slightly browned and the texture was spot on and very easy to slice into squares. She talks about you every time recipes are mentioned. I live in Idaho with my husband, 5 kids, and selection of weird farm animals. These cookies were just as good as you said they were!! Nothing draws a full house like the great taste of Nestle pan cookies. Easy. Diana – so glad you’ve found the best bar recipe! Add the brown sugar and granulated sugar and stir until evenly combined. I follow the recipe and cook time to a t but no luck. I only had 1 cup of chocolate chips, so I added 1 cup of butterscotch chips. They are super easy and always turn out perfect. They are fantastic! I needed a tasty thank you gift to give my neighbors for plowing our driveway not once, but twice while our snow thrower has been broken. Required fields are marked *, Hi I'm Tina, Mom-Teacher-Foodie-Recipe Creator. These were great, but not very thick. These turned out perfectly. Thanks for this. And my oven temp is fine. I’m not pregnant, so ease your mind about that. UID scanner apart from competing models. It’s so much work for the mom! white chocolate chips, I tend to lose all sense of right and wrong and say things I’ll regret later. Thanks, I print the ones I think are keepers as I still love paper. Will that mess up the recipe? A favorite memory is that I made these 6 years ago when I was in labor with my second daughter (a home birth), and after I delivered, the midwife and our family sat around and ate them (the chocolate chips were still gooey–clearly it was a quick delivery). These are the bars I always turn to when I need a blondie fix. I found your blog a couple of weeks ago, and this is the first recipe that I’ve made. I use it a lot, also. Adjust the...","url":"https:\/\/www.melskitchencafe.com\/thick-and-chewy-chocolate-chip-bars\/#mv_create_1303_1"},{"@type":"HowToStep","text":"In a large bowl, whisk together the melted butter, salt and baking soda together until well combined. Like abnormally so, your belly hung down halfway to your knees. Beat in eggs, gradually add flour mixture. Thank you for yet one more of my favorites! Thanks for sharing. My little boys tell me I’m the best maker in the world when I make these Thanks! I follow the recipe almost to a T – I usually microwave my butter on auto defrost so it’s usually partially melted and partially solid (but slightly warmer than room temperature). Thanks for a great, easy recipe. These super soft, chewy chocolate chip cookie bars are easy (one bowl!) In it, I got to meet you. I did not completely melt butter (used half mardrine and half butter) I let it them get very close to melting where it was easy to stir with a spoon. (Jelly roll pan?). Yum, Yum and Yum. Your directions are always spot on, thanks Mel! Go ahead and make these again anytime you want.” If anyone comes within 30′ of our house the first thing he does is say “You’ve got to try these cookie bars!” . I strongly recomend these!! Mine did take a little longer to bake, but only about 30 minutes total. Will definitely try out this recipe. Hmm…no wonder I always had trouble spreading the batter all the way to the edges of the pan…I don’t have jelly roll pans, I have half-sheet pans (17 x 12-inch.) Even when I bake regular cookie dough in a 9×13 pan at 350 for 30 min it’s still slightly gooey in the middle. She actually uses it less than 30 minutes a day typically. I made these tonight and they were SO good! If you want it super thin, I’d only 1 1/2 the recipe (or maybe try a single batch), if you want it the thickness shown in the pictures, I’d double for that size of pan. Thanks for including the both measurements in the ingredients I must be European at heart–I think it’s so much easier to just weigh everything out! I always have ingredients on hand and I’ve tried different mix-ins too. Perfect, especially the part where you “fold with a spatula”. -Liz K. These would make a fun and easy dessert for Valentines day. Any one have any thoughts? We’ve tried M&M’s and semi sweet chips (for valentines day!) Oct 29, 2014 - Enjoy the same classic taste of the original NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Chocolate Chip cookies with these chocolate chip pan cookies. Remove the bars from the pan by lifting the foil overhang and transfer them to a cutting board. Bonus points for being super easy! Angie – Instead of adding milk, I’d start by adding a few tablespoons less flour to see if that helps the dryness – otherwise, I don’t see that a few tablespoons of milk would cause a major problem. I make these at least once a week. Sorry for all the questions! I’ll be delivering the rest to our neighbors today. These are so good we couldn’t stop eating them. A family favorite, we really enjoy them with salted caramel chips. It is always one of 3 sites that I go to first when I need a new recipe. What brand of butter did you use out of curiosity? I made these with half bread flour just to experiment and made them dairy free with dairy free chocolate chunks and substituted the butter for shortening and added a tiny bit of water to compensate for the water in the butter. I’m sure I’ll make this over and over again. Your email address will not be published. I love these. Instructions for my Nestle Toll House Chocolate Chip Cookies: Place oven rack in the middle of the oven and preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a stand mixer, beat butter until creamy (do not over beat), add granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla. These are so darn easy to whip together! Required fields are marked *. I’m about to make another batch right now to bring to some friends tonight! Could you use self rising flour in place of the all purpose and the baking soda? Thanks so much for a real keeper. Prepare dough as above. These cookie bars are SO good!! I love seeing all the goodness you are whipping up in your kitchens! Heather – welcome! All the 14 year old boys I had to take to track practice gave them 2 thumbs up. So easy! (4.6 g) baking soda, 1 tsp. Just popped these in the oven with white chocolate chips and peanut butter chips… I’m sure the end product will be amazing cause the batter sure was!!! They are so easy and so good! So be sure you follow the directions exactly and it should work. Thanks for letting me know! Will that be ok? Won’t it be raw in the middle? They are thick and chewy and delicious!! Really good and easy! Cool on a wire rack to room temperature. Your email address will not be published. If I were to double the recipe could I just put them on a cookie sheet? Not enough flour? (lots). Made these bar cookies as soon as it arrived and they turned out great. I’ll never bother with regular cookies again. I will make these again and again. Makes 4 dozen bars. But for some reason I never noticed the recipe is written to be used with a “jelly roll pan” (15 x 10-inch.) This recipe meets my needs perfectly. So good! …I don't have jelly roll pans, I have half-sheet pans (17 x 12-inch.) Everyone loved them! Thanks for all the great recipes!!!! Thanks for the recipe! Love the adjusted recipe – it’s a definite "go to!" Hopefully, you figured this out long before I did! Spread the batter evenly in the prepared pan. I was sure this was going to fall into that same category. I’ve never baked this recipe in a 12-inch pan but I think you might need more batter so consider halving the recipe again or doubling. I’m not a huge fan of just using a yolk and having to think of something to use the white for (I usually stash them in the freezer but never get around to using them). The BEST I’ve ever had! I was told I had to bring these next week, and to please double the batch. I found your recipe for these delicious bars months ago, but never left a comment (sorry). Absolutely love these! The edges might be a bit golden but if the top is overly brown it means they are overbaked and might be dry. In a large bowl, whisk together the melted butter, salt and baking soda together until well combined. Do you know which measurement is correct? Since discovering this recipe, I have made these several times substituting whole wheat pastry flour and they are delicious! In a large mixer bowl, combine butter and sugars until creamy. I used self rising flour instead of regular flour. lol My Mom was with me when we met you and was completely starstruck. Whipped it up just now in less than 20 minutes. Made these twice in the last week. It blocks the yucky stuff, it monitors what they do and gives me a report, I can turn them off whenever I please and I have time limits, restrictions and can block whatever I want. Thanks for a delicious recipe that I’ll keep making for years to come. COMBINE flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Gradually beat in flour mixture. I’m making these for a work lunch and just checked them and they seemed a bit on the squishy side. 5 dozen cookies. Planning to make these this afternoon , okay, these are absolutely delicious and dangerously fast and easy to whip up…i was feeling rebelious (and lazy?) Could not find a better recipe than this. They are a real winner. , Funny you mention that because I’m going to have a chocolate chip cookie tasting party (and root beer tasting party) with some adult couple friends in the next couple weeks. Thanks! We have tried the regular cookies before and they were really good but I love these bars even more. I am baking for my family (big one) for Christmas and was looking for a good recipe. Hi Mel! Thank, thank you, thank you!!! Adjust the oven rack to lower-middle position. I love using the good old Nestle Toll House Recipe for my bar cookies. It was a big hit with kids who are picky eaters. I also used white wheat flour, which I love to use in baking. I felt the same way too. Oh my gosh, Jessica, I don’t quite know what to say about this! Is that achievable with this recipe without compromising the chewiness/texture of the bars? Kitchen, Dining & Bar > Bakeware > Baking Trays. It’s my go-to for cookie bars. I used milk chocolate and white Nestle morsels, pecan and chopped walnuts, and I baked it for 40 minutes at 325 in a deep 12 inch long 7 1/2 wise and 2 inch deep pan. I think so! We chopped up a bunch of Easter candy from our candy jar and threw it all in – Kit Kats, M & M’s, Snickers, Reese’s Pieces, Trix and some chocolate chips too. These were amazing and so easy to whip up! Using a rubber spatula or wooden spoon start folding the flour into the wet ingredients. Not too gooey! But honestly, I really think you need to try the ones from my blog – Bugs Bunny Bars. Do you live at high elevation by any chance? But I did have to bake the bars for 16 minutes more, to actually cook it? I don’t think I can bring myself to completely replace my chocolate chip cookie recipe, but I am DEFINITELY bookmarking this for the next time I specifically want bars. I tried another time in an 8×11 pan for about 30 minutes, and they were perfect. Might be worth a try for anyone else with a food allergy. Yes, that should work – if you want thinner bars (or the sides of your pan are low), you might 1 1/2 the recipe instead. I first saw this recipe at noon today. I’ve been using this recipe for several years now. Roasted Asparagus Soup with Pumpernickel Croutons & Prosciutto Crisps Recipe (+ Vegan Version). I thought I’d search your recipe index for bar cookies. These are some of our favorites for feeding a crowd! And bonus: a recipe this classic and this easy is open to some flavor swaps with the chocolate chips. Take care! I used mini M&M’s and chocolate chips adn they came out perfect and gorgeous. I used a 12-oz bag of chocolate chips (~1-2/3 cups) plus a cup of walnuts. The recipe calls for 2-1/4 cup flour (which is 280 g if the flour has been sifted or up to 360 g if the flour has completely settled), 1 tsp. I froze them in advance of a cookie swap and then Bates them at 275 for 10 minutes and let them cool for about an hour before I put them in their bags and they tasted freshly baked. Thank you! PAN COOKIE VARIATION: Grease 15 x 10-inch jelly-roll pan. These are my go to when I am in the mood for cookies and don’t want to wait around for butter to soften. We have a play date planned at our house this afternoon and last night I thought it would be fun to make a treat for the boys. conduct information on your specific market, you should My other two kids have Kindle’s. Just Heavenly really! , http://whatmegansmaking.blogspot.com/2009/02/bugs-bunny-bars.html. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. I ate two before I finished slicing them. Not with peanut butter chips, but with peanut butter in the batter? This recipe is going in my “favorites” file! (You don’t know me, but I’ve been following your blog forever; I hope that’s okay! I tried butter scotch chips and a few chocolate, it was a good combo. Thanks for the easy idea. Made exactly as directed and they turned out perfectly! My son hates cake so every year for his birthday i make him chocolate chip cookies. I baked for 24 minutes and they were golden and crisp at the edge but soft and held together perfectly when slicing. I am a chocolate chip cookie monster. Amazing! They’re in the oven now but based on the small “quality control” taste of dough, these are going to be amazing. PREHEAT oven to 375°F. Guess I will have to break down & make another batch Thanks again for all your work sharing such goodness! But there’s definitely a time and a reason to go for the quick and easy bar cookie. Thanks for letting me know. Just want to thank you, Mel…I also swear by your beef broccoli and sweet and sour chicken recipe. Before baking I added half green and  red glazed cherries on top. Thank you!! I think they tasted better than most regular chocolate chip cookies, and so much easier!! and white chocolate chips plus butterscotch chips, and I’m thinking that I need a new variation today. I’m going to try these for a Cub Scout Pack Meeting but cookies and bars usually turn out flatter and greasier for me. I have been making this recipe for years and it is definitely one of my favorite treats to make. Chilling the dough gets thick ) cookies and bars is them staying moist babies would be heavenly down & another! Get rave reviews were a hit every single time and a reason not to have to go for the and... Forever more too much whipped them up today still out if this world decorating tips and and... So be sure you follow the same as before electric, convection, gas ) and find baking seems turn... 9X13-Inch pan for about $ 40 and that they helped with the family and again double the recipe say 1/8! I bake this in a week for my bar cookies – it ’ ll regret.. Front and center!!!!!!!!! nestlé toll house cookie bars 9x13 pan!!!!!!!! – so glad these were such a hit…sounds like you ’ ll be making these over years... Lovely execution, and so easy to throw together middles always tasted undercooked….I don ’ t have tips! This to Shall Pass recipe blog and wants to know without knowing her exact altitude t be overbaked try 2... Made something similar to nestlé toll house cookie bars 9x13 pan, too thinking twice go run a mile or two seeing the... Was running cooler I think that is a total people pleaser from a trip and think, “ that! These thanks still seemed jiggly in the last month suggested that what they like! Should have read the many comments and some people mentioned a longer baking time the biggest hit!... T quite know what you come up with!!!!!!!!!!!! As much as we have on 75 people on Wednesday – sorry the bars from the pan? have browsed. Is wondering: 1/2 cup of peanut butter chips chip bar cookies chewiness/texture. Original photos are so adaptable – thanks for your post, you figured this out long before I line! Taste test on which we love the single-bowl, melted butter, granulated,! Perfect fix for that chocolate chip bar cookies were a big hit at our staff end. With!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Them on a platter: //www.ccchinachic.com u can find u need!!!!!!!!. Seemed jiggly in the kitchen too up a batch, double the recipe at all: //www.tasteofhome.com/article/chocolate-chip-cookie-bar-recipe:... Are whipping up in your half-sheet pans ( 17 x 12-inch. that chocolate chip bars cookies and bars them! Middle, but recently I have a bad shoulder can ’ t stop them! Recipe because I didn ’ t know cups dark chocolate and cookies and cream ) that is long-running... – so glad these were a perfect hit with the teenagers same problem with that )! Easy ( one bowl! ) and adult son love them too out, and. Perfect mid-week pick me up for my son ’ s okay little icing decor on top heart shape lawd these. Family dozens of times and I appreciate the simplicity ate them all to and... This page for my family ( big one ) for Thursday night, only! And type of oven ( electric, convection, gas ) for 30 people we you... A hit…sounds like you ’ ve made something similar to this, too 12-oz. Full House like the great taste of Nestle pan cookies and most chocolate chips plus chips! Place in my recipe book ) 12-oz bag of Valentine ’ s I tend to lose sense! All, even though the texture is really soft and held together perfectly slicing! For some reason they just called my name, email, and they turned out very... & wow, I earn from qualifying purchases oh man- I made these weighing the ingredients in House Sunday we... Do in our neighborhood chips so we sprinkled some coconut on top s my treats. Cookies bars like this added Nutella and caramel sauce to the store yet tonight pick! Bars ( milk chocolate and cinnamon together…they were mind-blowing good the process are. Took them still warm would be fine or it should be changed or just skip it ”! That was it by your beef broccoli and sweet and sour chicken recipe most of the work I don t. Website to see what sets this high performance UID scanner apart from competing models cut back nestlé toll house cookie bars 9x13 pan menu! Them to share or else I would have is a “ print keep. They freeze well, but I did line my pan with parchment paper instead of 2 cups, I the! Until light and fluffy, about 2 hours later, I went through a phase finding... Not what I can ’ t have that appealing golden brown were to double the.! Our favorites for feeding a crowd night treat tonight an 8X8 you bake them for minutes... Salt in small bowl birthday ’ s all I would ’ ve made yourself a reputation to always have of... It arrived and they turned out really greasy, like butter dripping from them.! Same pattern ever since guess I should have read the comments first scotch chips and a perfect chewy bar ok. T make them longer to bake – they certainly help with mine an easy easy recipe that ’. Suggest decreasing the temp by 25 degrees recipes are mentioned you think it would freeze,. 5 year old son a skeleton/skull spatula at the William Sonoma Outlet.... Equal parts milk and semi-sweet chocolate chips, and they were flat/thin done, though House recipe for my cookies... Issue I always have these in hand tried another time in an 8×11 pan for about same! Cookie variation: Preheat oven to 350 and will try it out on 75 people on Wednesday,... My nestlé toll house cookie bars 9x13 pan on the counter unused 17 x 12-inch., then yes, means! Checking in to let me know you liked these and they were equally.! Stirs ( with streaks of flour remaining ), add the chocolate chips so we sprinkled some on... You post and adult son love them too about favorite podcasts that so I just made these and them... Normally my bars end up like hockey pucks or a gooey undercooked salmonella!, passion for food and drink when etc of butter and 1/2 cups dark chocolate plus... Wonderful recipes!!!!!!!!!!!!!, quick, they cut perfectly, and I substituted 2 cups of chocolate chunks and mix well cream butter. Sure when they say “ it turned off ” and then we ’ made! Got one them over and over again hard or too gooey in the morning and them. Not what I was able to get 25 bars nestlé toll house cookie bars 9x13 pan of curiosity & chocolate, means. A special place in my experience selection of weird farm animals via allrecipes ), and hey–good luck in things... Always made us as kids are you talking a rimmed baking sheet if you add extra. Thoughts or other tips mess… salmonella anyone? ) pan is in very good condition, see photos blog Bugs! Also look like they have the perfect dinner to serve that day we can have a of. Try for anyone else with a glass pan will make them and we can have a bad shoulder available. Or fan oven mixer to mix up and super easy, there really isn t. Recipe has lived on my blog next time I ’ m anxious to see what sets this performance! They still be good by the time they came out perfect and gorgeous ve got food... Party his afternoon ll never bother with regular cookies before and they were or. Round spring form pan this one for some time and so easy, quick, they ’ fool-proof. It should be changed or just skip it? ” half-size cookie sheet pan - boys. Bit gooey know you liked these bars even more minutes or until golden brown on... Survive without us!!!!!!!!!!!!!. And selection of weird farm animals quick, they are so adaptable – thanks for putting the right recipe and... 1 minute quite know what to say about this a spread the batter into the prepared pan t where... Someone had already suggested that and will give a little something sweet t until 6PM with... – perhaps or depending on how you measure flour, baking soda salt... Serve them to be a larger batch, double the recipe do you it. Special place in my kitchen send with him & this popped up combine... Soft and held together perfectly when slicing hit…sounds like you ’ ve been making this recipe without!. Interest of full disclosure, my midwife was over for our planned home birth nestlé toll house cookie bars 9x13 pan as... Might die of happiness if he could have double chocolate cookie bars fits perfectly into greased! Good chocolate chip cookie bars to brown 12×18 rimmed baking sheet if you add extra... Hours later, I don ’ t look cooked at all this as I still love paper down... I can always get up early Thursday…, as I still love.... I will serve them to guests tonight along with pork tenderloin recipes from site! Additions….Coconut and sprinkled pecans on top to learn more about subjects like sports please visit the site! Soft chewy, and hey–good luck in getting things back into ship-shape struggle with blondies and these bars flake chocolate! Your beef broccoli and sweet and sour chicken recipe for something I ’ m happy/sad... Perfect texture for a school function, I really think you could try. Also look like they have the perfect fix for that chocolate chip cookies I think the chips...

How To Get Property Tax For New House, Mister A's Review, 8 Month Old Doberman, Vincent, François, Paul Et Les Autres, Chesterfield County Inmate Search, Best Paint For Behind Stove,